Patience is the Art of Concealing Your Impatience - Guy Kawasaki

Hi all! I know it has been a while since you have heard from me, but there truly has not been much to report. At first, I did not get around to posting because of the holidays. Then, I put it off some more because I was still waiting for information. 

The Executive Leaders Team of the Domestic and Foreign Mission Society (aka the official name of the Episcopal Church) changed traveling protocols due to the Omicron variant, and will reevaluate at the end of February. So, I continue to wait and practice patience. I knew there would be setbacks in this process due to COVID, so I am doing my best to manage my hopes and expectations. My new tentative departure is early March (fingers crossed), so I am working on my to do list that never really seems to get smaller. I am working on acquiring my visa, and completing all other paperwork, as well as continuing to work as a nanny and fundraise.

In the meantime, I have been trying to keep busy! The holidays were lots of fun. My family gathered here in Stamford, CT and we played lots of games, as well as watching Christmas movies. Nicole and I were also able to go into New York City, which we really enjoyed!

I love being in close proximity to New York City, and I have been taking advantage of that. I am trying to fit in as many Broadway shows as possible, and there is a spy museum that I cannot wait to visit! There are many amazing food options here and in NYC, and I have loved trying new places! However, I have also had fun cooking new recipes with Naomi, and I am constantly surprising myself with my own cooking skills.

So until next time, I continue to ask for your prayers and support through this journey. As I receive more information, I will keep you all updated. Talk soon!

Here is the link to donate! 

https://www.stthomaswi.com/give/ 

Select "give online" and then write Cunningham YASC in the memo box.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Update!

Questions With The Residents Part 1

Journeying Through Darkness